International Institute of Professional Security (IIPS) was established on the 5th of December, 2006 pursuant to CAP C20 of the Laws of Federal Republic of Nigeria, 2004 to, amongst other things, provide for the training and certification of protection professionals in Nigeria and internationally.
The International Institute of Professional Security IIPS is the first security institute to be accredited by the Federal Ministry of Education for the award of proficiency certificate in industrial security. The institute also has the International Accreditation Organisation (IAO), USA certification. It is also accredited by the National Council for Management Development (NCMD) and is in partnership with the South Africa Institute of Security (SAIS) and BTC Training (Africa Region), South Africa; International Training Academy, UK; International Security Association (ISA); and World Bodyguards Association, Switzerland. It also has an established branch in the Republic of Tanzania.
The institute has today grown to be adjudged as the biggest security institute in Africa boasting of credible members like the Inspector General of Police, Chief of Naval staff, Chief of Defence Intelligence, Security Adviser to Governors as members of its Council of Fellows, just to mention a few.
Today, IIPS has grown to become one of the biggest security institutes in the country and in Africa
We have been privileged to organize training for different organizations, government security agencies, companies and societies and have likewise acted as resource institute in many high powered security seminars on, Access Control, Intelligence, Surveillance and Investigation, V.I.P. Protection and Advance Escort Mechanism, Information Security, VIP Protection and Intelligence, Counter-Terrorism and Internal Security, Maritime Security, facility protection just to mention a few in Nigeria, South Africa, e.t.c
Some of these companies and agencies are herein listed below:
- Frigoglass Plc (A member of Leventis Group)
- Midway Scientific Guards Ltd.
- Pipeline and Product Marketing Companies Ltd. (PPMC)
- UAC Foods Ltd
- Society for Security Practitioners of Nigeria (SSPN) (Staff of member companies)
- De- United Foods Ind. Ltd. (Indo-mie Instant Noodles)
- Security and Safety Magazine
- First Bank Plc
- Eco Bank Plc
- Mainstreet Bank
- Polaris Bank Plc
- Transocean Support Services Ltd
- Tantalizers Ltd
- Yaba College of Technology
- Nigerian Armed Forces Resettlement Centre Oshodi (NAFRC)
- Sifax Shipping Group.
- Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA)
- Ondo State University, Akungba,
- Federal Inland Revenue Services (FIRS)
- Defence Intelligence Agency(DIA)
- Army, Navy, Airforce and Para-Military.
- Office of the National Security Adviser,
- Sokoto State Government.
- G4S Nigeria Ltd
- Edo State Government Security Team.
- Niger State Government Security Team.
- Trained about 100 drivers of the Nigerian Air Force on defensive driving
- Axa Mansard Insurance,
- Fidelity Bank Plc,
- Genesis Group,
- Champion Security and Safety Ltd.
- Federal Capital Territory Administration, etc
- Vine Branch Church, Ibadan and 22 (twenty-two) other churches, e.t.c.
The Institute organises international trainings especially in South Africa on regular basis and is spreading its training to UK, USA, India, Switzerland and Israel.